Friday, October 16, 2009

University of Alaska - Fairbanks, Alaska 1968







Attending the U of F in the fall of 1968 was exciting.

It was my first year of college and I was 23 years old. My younger sister Kathy had been attending school for two years. I needed a job to help me and I had no problems....everyone seem to know Kathy. She paved the way for me.

It was cold...much colder than where I was from.
Anchorage might get 30 below. Usually 0-10 below was the coldest. We had 30-50 below a lot of the time.

When it warmed up to zero we thought it was Spring out unbuttoned our coats and took our gloves off.

The Northern Lights were beautiful.
The snow sparkled at night when walking around the campus.

The ice fog was dreary, hard to see at night....Miss the sun the hour it was over the horizon, The ice sculptures were terrific.

I lived there for 2 1/2 years.
Lot of great experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment