Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Alaskan Memory - Picnics


Picnics were a big part of my life. Memories of picnics in Minnesota at John and Manda's. The first several year we had picnics at Independence Mine in Alaska. There were many picnics at Dona and Paul's, Peter and Darlene's, Robin and Reid's. I remember being sick on the way to Independence Mine. Within a few minutes I would feel better and was off to climb the mountains surrounding the mine; rolling down the hills, drinking water in the fresh running creeks. This was in the 1950's as I don't recall going there as a teenager. I would not drink the water now. I have had nice picnics here around St. George, Utah with the Jensen's and my first trip to the desert we had a picnic with Mike's folks in Borrego Springs, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment